Friday, August 23, 2013

A lovely 'Thank you' & stu-studio



The other day I got a "Thank you" email from someone I don't know, for making this stamp.  I can't tell you how happy that email made me.  For someone to take the time to write a "thank you" note to someone they don't know must be one of the nicest thing you can do.  And to receive that "thank you" for this particular stamp, which I know would be extremely controversial in some countries, made me even more happy - it made my day and more :)  I think I'll be inspired by this person to do the same - say "thank you" more often, even to strangers.

I've always been so interested in seeing other artists studios and work spaces.  There's something sacred about them and so private.  I understand that people are not always ready to share it with everyone cause it is so personal.  I love my studio and happily spend my days there.  Here's a sneak peek of what my work space looks like today,..pretty close to deadline, so I'll only show you my desk and not what's behind that camera, cause it's a messsss....


#1: My Andy Warhol coffee mug (of course it's the #1 item in my studio)
#2: My laptop - an essential item but also an interruption
#3: My great grandmother's mustard yellow chair (I don't normally sit in it, but it looked better in the picture than my black office chair ;)
#4: My coffee thermos Eggert gave me
#5: Cheap Ikea lamp that comes in handy on dark winter mornings when I have a hard time opening my eyes
#6: Dagur & Lára, the most precious thing I have
#7: A birthday card of an old couple I got from Eggert
#8: To do lists - EVERYWHERE!
#9: Watercolors
#10: A beautiful flower print I purchased from the brilliant illustrator Rebekka Seale
#11: Breakfast
#12: Nutshell Library box by Maurice Sendak
#13: You can't really tell what it is, but it's a bad print of a Vermeer painting I bought at an antique shop, I really love it
#14: A drawing by Dagur of him running the Reykjavík Marathon

...and that's it! 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the peak into your world! Love your granny's chair!

Anonymous said...

Oops - peek!

lindsey said...

Thank YOU for always being so inspiring to me.