Wednesday, August 14, 2013

A hike over Laugavegur and working on a new project

Did the summer vacation have a grand finale or what!  I came home late Monday night after a three day hike over Laugavegur, from Landmannalaugar to Þórsmörk with a group of 19 brilliant women, all wearing the reddest lipstick they could find, paired with the reddest nail polish and the brightest red roses in their hair.  I'm so high after that trip.  I'm in awe of my beautiful country.  I'm inspired after spending that time with these 19 awesome ladies and I can't believe I actually managed to walk these 55km without giving up, ha!  

My favorite part of hiking is the moment when you've been walking for a while only looking at the trail in front of you so you won't trip, and then you finally look up to see where you are at and this is what you see:




"This is so AWESOME!" was a sentences you constantly heard in the group!  


After the first day of hiking for 8.5 hours, we celebrated with a glass of champagne.  I swear, champagne has never tasted that good.  


And after the second day of hiking for 6 hours we celebrated with a glass of Sangria.  Also, the best sangria I've ever had.


Can't you see how happy I am with all that stuff?  Nature, sangria and my dear friend Svava.



Syðri-Emstruá



Me and my friend Hulda, seriously liking this whole thing.  Can't wait till next years hiking trip!

Phew... so back to reality now ;)  I'm working on a really fun book series for an Icelandic Publisher. The illustrations will be black and white except for the cover.  I'm enjoying using only my pencil and having the drawings a little "raw" and alive.  This character here is not a part of the book but I found her in a sketchbook and used her as an inspiration for the style I'm working in.  She's got some attitude doesn't she?



Hope your summer's been lovely!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

þessi kúrekastelpa hefur pottþétt gengið Laugaveginn :) Hlakka til að sjá blýantsteikningarnar þínar!

highonlifekveðja
Selma

Linda Olafsdottir said...

Takk Selma! Þessi pía hefur sko dúndrast Laugaveginn á no time á Nokia stígvélunum sínum!