Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Patterns


My hands were just about shivering when I opened the golden envelope delivered by the postman to my studio on Friday.  It had the first proofs of the stamps I've been doing for the Iceland Post.  

Ok, I'll just say it, I think they are awesome!  Now just some minor changes and then off again to the printers.  So, in May my friends,  you can start sending out those letters you've been meaning to send for years.

One of the things I enjoyed the most about creating the stamps was designing the patterns for the sheets. Every sheet has it's own pattern that relates to the festival on the stamp.  I think I might start doing some more patterns for fun.  So far they've ended up up stamps and baby clothes, so, there's really no limit to what you can do, right?  ;)  


Bræðslan - Church Windows
Aldrei fór ég suður - Vestfirðir
Fiskidagurinn mikli - Bowls of Soup
Hinsegin dagar - The Rainbow Flag
Þjóðhátíð - The White Tents

No comments: