Tuesday, September 1, 2009

New works



I´ve just finished my first book! I just turned in the paintings so now I´ll just have to wait to see the actual book. I´ve had a lot of fun with this project, although it´s been tough on times combining painting with family life. I´ve found out, more than once in the last couple of months that these things don´t always get along so great. But it´s funny that once the project is done, you feel like it wasn´t so hard to get through, though you know in your head that it´s not entirely true... But I owe everything I do to my very and supportive husband and children who cheer me on and help me out more than you can imagine.

I´ll be having a show on my illustrations, opening this Thursday September 3rd. It´s at Gallery 79 New Montgomery St. in San Francisco. I´ll be showing my illustrations from the book I just completed, as well as my final project from the Academy. It´s open through September, so please stop by if you get the chance.

I´m in the process of updating my website with new works, so stay tuned...

5 comments:

Slackart said...

Congratulations! Looks great.

JenKellerArt said...

These are great! What medium did you end up using? Loved the show... Will you still talk to me when your famous?

Linda Olafsdottir said...

Thank you :)

Ha, ha Jen, of course I´ll talk to you, will you talk to me when you and Mattie take on the world with your book?

I ended up using a mixed medium, acrylics, oils and color pencils on board.

jhk said...

I saw your illustrations at the AAU gallery. Awesome work!

andillustrations said...

All the new work looks great! I wish I could have seen it person.

Best Wishes-