Monday, April 7, 2014

A Painting of Flatey


I'm going on a little work trip this afternoon to my parents cabin in the country.  Just for a couple of days, a much needed time to focus from morning to midnight.  Above are just few necessary items needed when leaving town to work (the chardonnay and chocolate are in another box). 

I've been painting quite a lot lately.  Like always it's the best medicine for everything imaginable!

Here's a painting of Flatey in Breyðafjörður.  I took the reference photo when my brother took me on a flight around the West part of the country.  I've sailed (and flown) by Flatey, but never actually been there.  Something to add to my to-do list now that I feel like I know that little island like the palm of my hand.

Another thing on the to-do list is to paint more from that wonderful flight.



No comments: